Sligo Creek connects us. The varying murmurs and roars of the Creek, the raindrops glistening on the tree leaves, the surprising plant and animal life all offer opportunities for reverie and reflection, comfort and respite.
Friends of Sligo Creek works to protect and restore Sligo Creek. We organize neighbors like you to:
- remove non-native, invasive plants in Sligo Creek Park;
- monitor water quality and report illegal pollution;
- present Zoom programs on Sligo’s natural history and other topics, such as our recent event on Feb 24th meeting on iNaturalist;
- promote stream litter clean-ups;
- manage local stormwater projects and educate our community about stormwater management;
- advocate for Sligo-friendly practices to local, state and other officials; and more.
Please help support Friends of Sligo Creek for everyone in our community. Join FOSC, and make a donation today. Donating online is easy and secure. Or donate via check to: FOSC, P.O. Box 11572, Takoma Park, MD 20913.
Many volunteer efforts are getting underway now. Find out about them and plan to be a part of protecting Sligo Creek and park.
Thank you very much.
-Mike Smith, President of FOSC