Friends of Sligo Creek is a nonprofit organization. We are volunteer-led, spending thousands of hours each year to develop programming, host events in or near the Park, monitor its health, advocate on its behalf, and partner with other organizations and government agencies.
Even with all that volunteer time, there are many costs we incur, among them:
- speaker fees and honorariums
- expert-led walks and workshops
- venue rentals
- kiosk maintenance and displays
- tools, gloves and bags for Sweep the Creek and RIP events
- testing equipment and supplies for water quality monitoring
- liability insurance
- newsletter, website and other media
- and more
Help your local environment thrive and enjoy the results – the beauty and tranquility of Sligo Creek.