This spring, Sweep the Creek is back in an Individual / Small Group format that follows guidelines for safe, socially distanced cleanups. FOSC will not be organizing groups. Instead, FOSC volunteers will be distributing gloves, trash, and recycling bags donated by the Montgomery Parks Department at various locations in the park according to this schedule. Volunteers can do individual or organize their own small group sweeps at any time during April 17 – May 2. Or anytime you are out in Sligo!
- Maximum size of groups participating is 25.
- Groups must abide by Montgomery Parks’ COVID 19 Requirements – Organized Group Cleanups.
- Group organizers must have group members fill out the Waiver form, compile them into a single packet, and submit to [email protected]. Parks has also provided this link.
- Individuals and families do not need to fill out waivers.
- Face coverings are required during the cleanup.
- Individuals and families must maintain a 6 foot distance from other people while in the park.
The trash and recycling that you collect will picked up by the Parks Department at designated locations. Or you can dispose of them at home in your regular trash and recycling containers.