My daughter’s soccer team and other teams were practicing in the soccer field this Thursday evening. A strong plume of steam was pouring out of a pipe near the creek, overseen by two men whom I assume were workers. A noxious, chemical odor was in the air throughout the practice. My daughter and other players had headaches and one player on the team was nauseous. Had I rolled down the window when I dropped off my daughter, I would not have allowed her to play there.
My daughter spoke with friends at school who shared similar experiences in the soccer field last week, including children who vomited.
Performing emissions at a time when the public is using this space is unsafe. The company doing the sewer system repairs should not be permitted to do this.