1. Immediately submit a Water WatchDog Report or send an email to [email protected] with a photo, description of the problem, the time, and the location. It’s helpful if you also note any color, odor, bubbles, muddiness, and whether it’s floating, on the bottom, or throughout.
Your report or email will go immediately to DEP pollution detective Steve Martin and his team. During the week, they will investigate. If they can find the cause, they may be able to stop it and issue a fine.
2. Call the Parks Pollution Incident Phone Line: 301-495-3582
- Choose the Resource Analysis Staff option if it is Mon-Fri 8am-5pm.
- After hours/on weekends choose the Park Police (also reachable through 301-949-8010.) They are the only respondents at those times. Describe the pollution as a pollution emergency. They will investigate.
3. Post your report on the FOSC listserv if you are a member of the listserv.
Thank you for helping to protect Sligo Creek.